Monday, 26 June 2017

Perfection can help you get better but if overused, it can make you feel a failure

Remember how far you have come


Related image
Image via: Pinterest

Throughout my aerial classes, I do take videos. I video tape new tricks so I can watch them over and over during the week to remember how to do them for the next class. I also like to take videos of tricks I love, so I can share it with, well ... everyone.

Also, lately, my friend and I are have been practicing for an upcoming performance ... because you know we are awesome. Read my confidence blog here.

Any who, I have noticed that I look for all the areas I need to improve on.

Although, this is good. Once or twice. Going over and over and looking out for the weaknesses is not great on the whole confidence thing. Plus, it loses it's magic after a while. In addition, during training, I felt great. Amazing actually. So watching it, in a critical fashion, which is very me, it made me lose all the attention on the hard work we achieved and even how far we have come to be able to do this performance.

What I am trying to say is, don't lose sight of how far you have come to get to this point. Yes, aim for perfection but don't let it loose what you have right here in this moment, something pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment