Monday, 5 June 2017

How fear woke me up quick

So I had a bit of a scare at aerial. We did the usual two hour training,when right at the end we performed an aerial drop. I have done this four times already the only thing that freaks me out is the height. Although I have done it, it feels, what I can only imagine like, bungee jumping. You are free falling but somehow your body goes round and you catch the silk.


The problem was I had no idea what was happening as I dropped until I heard the 'oh,' from the people around me. What had happened was, I had dropped one arm out instead of two and pulled one arm in, instead of having them both out. Meaning, I landed with one arm reaching up for the silk and instead of my other arm doing the same, my neck did the catch instead. 

It was the most weirdest feeling. I still felt the incredible adrenaline rush immediately and for hours after, but I knew I hadn't landed properly and could have seriously injured myself (luckily I didn't). 

That night I had mixed emotions. I didn't want to do an aerial drop for a long time but I knew this was silly. A fair enough fear but with he right practice and guidance over time those drops would just be normal and nothing to be feared. 

The next day I was fine, no neck pain, no silk burn pain on my arm and I was looking up more videos of aerial tricks from others. I was so keen to get back up!!!

Why do I tell you this? My fear and hesitation and over thinking made me land this way. Nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment