Thursday, 18 May 2017

Your Daily Exercise Motivation: Day 43

10 reasons why I love Aerial Silk


(An image of me in week 2 of beginners Aerial Silk class)


1. It's so different from any sport or art I have ever done.
2. I have to use my core to really get the most out of it. The more my core is in place the more I tricks I can do.
3. It's fun. I laugh as my butt lands on the huge mattress when I'm learning a new trick.
4. It's mentally challenging. I have to be determined and stay determined to complete the trick. It's for the strong minded.
5. It's a full body workout that doesn't involve horrible lunges and squats. It's actually fun.
6. I look forward to challenging my body and learning new tricks each week.
7. I do it for me. It's my time and chance to give it everything I've got.
8. It makes me work harder inbetween classes to strengthen my body, work on my flexibility and build my core and stamina. If you want to get motivated to workout, doing something you enjoy and something that challenges you each week will help motivate you.
9. It's a great talking point in conversations. A great ice breaker. Many people when they hear of aerial silk, say 'oh, What Pink does?!'
10. It doesn't discriminate on age or body type. I am lucky that after such a long stint after doing ballet that my body has remembered my body flexibility and technique that I can utilise during silks. However, you don't need to have any skills. And you don't even need much upper body strength to do it.

Have I convinced you yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment