Saturday, 22 April 2017

Your Daily Exercise Motivation: Day 37

Small achievements make a big difference


Image via: Yoganonymous 

Today, was my first day being able to perform a handstand by myself. I did two in my class but then I tried it at home and I couldn't do it. I laughed at myself, it can't be the wall to blame so what was I doing differently in class to home? The answer, a warm up! We normally attempted handstands ten minutes into our class. At home, I didn't do any pre-warm up and just couldn't make it.

So I danced for 20 minutes and then attempted the hand stand and I did it! Ten seconds holding it up against the wall, trying to focus on straightening my arms and lifting my body up and then coming out cleanly. Having a little breather and then trying again and it feels awesome!

Our homework has been to do a handstand and hold it for 30 seconds and I haven't even been able to get up for weeks, although I have been trying! This is the first time in my life, I have been able to do one.

This is why doing something you have never done before is awesome, because you get to challenge your body but also feel triumphant at the small achievements you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment