Monday, 27 March 2017

Your Daily Exercise Motivation: Day 31

Using the outdoors to get fit and strong

The great thing about starting to get fit is after a little bit you realise, 'Actually I don't want to just be fit, I want to really challenge myself and push the limits of my body.'

Today, I took my young son for a walk. He walked with me and we walked quite a distance to then stop at each fitness station in the park.

I started with 20 sit ups. My aerial trainer advised for some activities to focus on keeping my lower back straight, this was a good way to do this and work out my stomach at the same time.


We kept walking and found some bars, which I started lifting my body up and did some swinging and worked on my in-air splits.



Then I found another bar where I lifted my body directed up straight and held for 25 seconds. On aerial silk I do a handstand in the air so learning to balance for 30 seconds in a straight body is key. 

We walked home, with my son in the stroller I reminded myself to walk faster to get a better workout and a couple of streets from home, I ran pushing the stroller.

The result?

An hour and a half later my son and I were smiling ear to ear. Actually, we were smiling the entire time we were out.

No comments:

Post a Comment