Friday, 27 January 2017

Your Daily Exercise Motivation: Day 18

Today, I thought I would try some acrobatics for beginners. However typing this into YouTube, I received videos of gymnastics doing tumbles and handstands with no hands. Not actually what I want or can do.

But I wanted to do something ...

So I started with a dance warm up.


It's quite fast and the exercises move after one try. Being a bit out of touch with exercise, I was a bit slower to move from position to position. But I liked the flexibility of exercises, it really did challenge me. I didn't do the splits, but I did do middle splits as far as I could go.

After a few more searches on acrobatics, I found this yoga one:



It was actually quite good and very good at learning step by step. I didn't complete a handstand but I feel I did well to try. I will revisit this one again, once I build my upper strength and core body. 

Moving on with the yoga pose challenges, I found this one:




Again, another challenge and again I wasn't able to lift my feet off the ground but I did complete the video as far as I could. Another one, I will revisit at a later date.

My back was a bit sore and as much as I felt like I wanted to give up, I looked for a back stretch and I tell you what, this one is awesome. I will continue to follow this video over and over, when needed:



The lesson learned from exercise today is it doesn't matter if you are beginner. You have to begin somewhere and challenging your level can only motivate you to keep trying until you reach it. Like me, give it a try. You don't have to be fully competent in getting all the positions, but just try it and you might surprise yourself at how close you can come.

Share this blog if you are enjoying your Daily Exercise Motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment